This option is effective for Windows and Linux operating systems and PE-based bootable media.
The option enables you to define the commands to be automatically executed before and after the backup procedure.
The following scheme illustrates when pre/post commands are executed.
Examples of how you can use the pre/post commands:
- delete some temporary files from the disk before starting backup
- configure a third-party antivirus product to be started each time before the backup starts
- copy an archive to another location after the backup ends.
The program does not support interactive commands, i.e. commands that require user input (for example, “pause”).
To specify pre/post commands
- Enable pre/post commands execution by checking the following options:
- Execute before the backup
- Execute after the backup
- Do any of the following:
- Click Edit to specify a new command or a batch file
- Select the existing command or the batch file from the drop-down list
- Click OK.