How to perform initial seeding?
- Decide on the media that you will send.
- Attach the media to the machine you are going to back up. Alternatively, you can back up to a local or network folder and then copy/move the backup to the media.
- Start Acronis Backup & Recovery 10, click Back up and create a backup plan on this machine:
- In Where to back up, specify Online Backup Storage.
- In What to back up, select disks, volumes or files/folders you want to back up.
- In Backup scheme, select Initial seeding. Specify the said media as the backup destination.
- [Optional, but strongly recommended] Enable backup encryption in Backup options > Archive protection.
The backup starts immediately after you click the final OK.
- [Optional] If you want to add more backups to the media, repeat step 3 selecting the different data in What to back up. (Do not edit the backup plan, create a new one!)
- [Optional] If you want to add backups from another machine, attach the media to that machine and perform the same steps.
- Package the media along with a prepaid return shipping label and send it to Acronis by physical mail. The address is available on your account management Web page > Initial Seeding / Recovery tab > Orders in process > Initial Seeding orders > Datacenter address.
- On the same web page, mark the order as “shipped” and track the order status.
- Once you observe that the backup has been uploaded on the online storage, you can edit the backup plan to do incremental backups:
- In Backup scheme, select Back up now, Back up later for manual backups or Simple for scheduled backups.
- For Simple, specify the schedule and (optionally) the retention rule.
- Click Save.
When started manually or on schedule, your backup plan will add incremental backups to the initial backup stored in the online storage.