How do I track an Initial Seeding order status?
On the Acronis Web site, the Initial Seeding / Recovery tab shows you the status of all your orders. In addition, you will receive e-mail notifications about the most important events.
- Available – The license is available for using on any machine.
- An order was created – The first backup is about to start and the license cannot be used for any other machine. From this point on, you can cancel the order if something goes wrong. This will return the license to the pool of available licenses.
- A full backup has started – This status is set when the first backup starts. The order start time occurs at this moment.
- A full backup has been successfully completed – The backup has been completed and the order is ready to ship. You can now ship the media:
Step 1. Package the media following the drive packaging and shipment instructions to avoid damage during shipment. If you want the media to be returned to you after the data is uploaded, prepare a prepaid return shipping label and place it inside the package together with the drive.
Step 2. Send the drive via your preferred carrier to the Acronis datacenter.
Step 3. Let us know when you have shipped the order by marking your order as “shipped”.
You will receive a notification message when Acronis receives the order and when the order is completed. If necessary, Acronis may contact you during order processing.
- [Occasional] Backup creation error – An error occurred when backing up. Please check the backup plan parameters and try again.
- The media has been shipped – This status is set after you mark the order as “shipped”.
- The media has been received by Acronis – Acronis has started processing your order. From this point on, you cannot cancel the order. Creating a new “initial seeding” backup on the same machine will require a new Initial Seeding license.
- The data upload has started – The process of uploading data to Acronis Online Backup Storage has started.
- The data upload has been completed – The initial full backup has been successfully uploaded to the online storage. You can do incremental online backups now.
- The order has been completed. The media has been returned (or: Returning the media was not requested) – Your media has been shipped back (the carrier and the tracking number are specified). If a prepaid shipping label was not provided with the media, the media will be discarded.
- [Occasional] The order is on hold – Your order was placed on hold due to technical difficulties processing the order. Acronis is working on resolving these issues.
- [Occasional] The order has been cancelled – The order had been cancelled before the media was shipped, so returning the media is not required.
- [Occasional] The order has been cancelled. The media has been returned (or: Returning the media was not requested) – The order was cancelled while the media was in the datacenter. The media has been shipped back (the carrier and the tracking number are specified). If a prepaid shipping label was not provided with the media, the media will be discarded.