To specify credentials
- Select one of the following:
- Use the current user credentials
The program will access the location using the credentials of the current user.
- Use the following credentials
The program will access the location using the credentials you specify. Use this option if the current user account does not have access permissions to the location. You might need to provide special credentials for a network share or a storage node vault.
- User name. When entering the name of an Active Directory user account, be sure to also specify the domain name (DOMAIN\Username or Username@domain)
- Password. The password for the account.
- Click OK.
According to the original FTP specification, credentials required for access to FTP servers are transferred through a network as plaintext. This means that the user name and password can be intercepted by an eavesdropper using a packet sniffer.