To select an archive
- Enter the full path to the location in the Path field, or select the desired folder in the folders tree.
- If the archive is stored in Acronis Online Backup Storage, click Log in and specify the credentials to log in to the online storage. Then expand the Online backup storage group and select the account.
Exporting and mounting are not supported for backups stored in Acronis Online Backup Storage.
- If the archive is stored in a centralized vault, expand the Centralized group and click the vault.
- If the archive is stored in a personal vault, expand the Personal group and click the vault.
- If the archive is stored in a local folder on the machine, expand the Local folders group and click the required folder.
If the archive is located on removable media, e.g. DVDs, first insert the last DVD and then insert the discs in order starting from the first one when the program prompts.
- If the archive is stored on a network share, expand the Network folders group, then select the required networked machine and then click the shared folder. If the network share requires access credentials, the program will ask for them.
Note for Linux users: To specify a Common Internet File System (CIFS) network share which is mounted on a mount point such as /mnt/share, select this mount point instead of the network share itself.
- If the archive is stored on an FTP or SFTP server, type the server name or address in the Path field as follows:
ftp://ftp_server:port _number or sftp://sftp_server:port number
If the port number is not specified, port 21 is used for FTP and port 22 is used for SFTP.
After entering access credentials, the folders on the server become available. Click the appropriate folder on the server.
You can access the server as an anonymous user if the server enables such access. To do so, click Use anonymous access instead of entering credentials.
According to the original FTP specification, credentials required for access to FTP servers are transferred through a network as plaintext. This means that the user name and password can be intercepted by an eavesdropper using a packet sniffer.
- If the archive is stored on a locally attached tape device, expand the Tape drives group, then click the required device.
For the management server: in the folders tree, select the managed vault.
- In the table to the right of the tree, select the archive. The table displays the names of the archives contained in each vault/folder you select. If the archive is password-protected, provide the password.
While you are reviewing the location content, archives can be added, deleted or modified by another user or by the program itself according to scheduled operations. Use the Refresh button to refresh the list of archives.
- Click OK.