Adding a machine to the management server
To be able to deploy backup policies from Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Server to a managed machine and perform other centralized management operations, you need to register the machine on the management server.
To add a machine
- In the Navigation tree, select Physical machines.
- Click Add a machine to AMS on the toolbar.
- In the IP/Name field, enter the machine’s name or its IP address, or click Browse… and browse the network for the machine.
Note for Virtual Edition users: When adding a VMware ESX/ESXi host, enter the IP of the virtual appliance running Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi.
- Specify the user name and password of a user who is a member of the Administrators group on the machine.
Note for Virtual Edition users: When adding a VMware ESX/ESXi host, specify the user name and password for your vCenter or ESX/ESXi host.
Click Options>> and specify:
- User name. When entering the name of an Active Directory user account, be sure to also specify the domain name (DOMAIN\Username.)
- Password. The password for the account.
Select the Save password check box to store the password for future connections.
- Click OK.
Initiating registration on the machine side
The registration procedure can be initiated on the machine side.
- Connect the console to the machine where Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 agent is installed. If prompted for credentials, specify credentials of a member of the Administrators group on the machine.
- Select from the menu Options > Machine options > Machine management.
- Select Centralized management and specify the management server where to register the machine. Refer to “Machine management” for details.